Hey there! It’s May (June? It’s June? Wow, I forgot what month it is. Month #6). Here’s a random list of the things I’ve done over the past year:
- Got accepted into Pitch Wars, and sort of got second place (in that there were no places, but I had the second-highest number of requests from agents).
- Signed with literary agent extraordinaire, Pete J. Knapp, at New Leaf Literary & Media Inc.
- Went on submission prompty thereafter, and sold North American rights for my debut novel, THE NAMELESS QUEEN, to Phoebe Yeh at Crown Publishing of Penguin Random House.
- Spent 6 months waiting for the contract to be finalized so we could announce the deal.
- Got an edit letter from my editor (can I scream and fall over yet?)
- Announced the deal on Publisher’s Marketplace! (*screams and falls over*)
- Got interviewed for my own job (so I can get through the red tape and become a permanent employee)
- Finally got the internet at my apartment after a year and half without it.
- Launched the Ask Authors blog on Tumblr (where you can ask questions to over 100 writers!) (@AskAuthors)
- Rebuilt the transmission on Ninja Car for almost what it cost to buy it in the first place.
- Systematically broke my laptop through a series of accidents that were totally not my fault (at least one of them was my fault).
- Have not yet purchased a new laptop.
- Saw an innumerable number of fabulous movies (mostly kid animated) and watched way too much television.
- New Movies of note: C.A. Civil War; Zootopia; SWFA; Inside Out; FINDING DORY THIS FRIDAY;
- New TV shows: Lucifer; Supergirl; Sherlock s03e04; binge-watching Supernatural
- Got a second credit card.
- Bought a lovely new set of throwing knives.
- Spent a lot of time on Twitter.
- Taught my sister and nephew how to throw knives. (And also slightly disassembled my grandmother’s deck to retrieve a stray runaway knife.)
- Received the official offer for my job! (You’re lookin at a professional Technical Editor, kids! Woohoo!)
Do you have questions for me about any of this? Ask me!