During the month of December, I’ve committed to finishing my NaNoWriMo project’s first draft of The Nameless Queen. I’ve hit a few bumps (like forgetting an entire character for twenty chapters), Christmas is coming, and my contract work is maybe-not-sure-probably-possibly ending or continuing as of the new year.
NONETHELESS, none of this would be possible without my best friend, Coffee. Whether in need of a caffeine spike or something to warm my hands, coffee has kept me writing.
So here’s my favorite holiday brew:
Brand of Coffee: Your Choice. [My favorite is Gevalia Columbia Roast (medium blend)]
- Stir in hot cocoa while the coffee is hot.
- Add a splash of Vanilla creamer (or vanilla extract).
- Throw in a dash of cinnamon.
- Add a tiny smidgen of cloves/nutmeg.
- The Christmas bonus: your choice of peppermint extract, candy cane, or mint leaves.
- Drop some marshmallows in if you’re feeling extra festive!
- Drink at own leisure.
- Enjoy your coffee, swaddled in the scents and tastes of the winter season.