I love writing. If I could do nothing all day every day except write, I’d probably be pretty happy. Of course, I’d also probably be Grade A Insane, twitchy, broke, starving, lonely, and topics of writing would probably be limited to those things.
Alas, life must be lived.
So, after a midnight dash of 1700 words, and a rousing morning of bumping that number up to 3100, I have to do Life Things. Like:
- Get the oil changed in my car (Curse you 3000 mile sticker taunting me from the corner of my windshield!)
- Pick up a cake from the store (Eldest Sister’s Birthday today! Yay!)
- Buy a present to go along with cake (Lazy Me wants to buy whipped cream, but overbearing thoughtful Me will probably search for something nice at the Art Store)
- Finish laundry
- Take a shower (thumbs up for clean clothes to wear)
- Decide whether Scrivener is worth the effort to learn (I’ll probably post about my dramatic struggles later on when I’ve had more practice or exploded)
- Do one of the following:
- Shift into another dimension
- Drink coffee
Sigh. Things to do. Life to live. Decisions about explosion/implosion fate to worry about.
On the bright side, the sun is out! So at least November is beginning with sunshine. Now I can pretend that snow doesn’t exist, that the Lake Effect is a myth, and chips and salsa is a totally acceptable breakfast food.